From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: New build types
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 04:00:19
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2
3 > Steve Long wrote:
4 >> Something that's been discussed on IRC is the idea of a .pbuild file,
5 >> written in Python. I can also think of .cbuild (C) .Cbuild (C++) .sbuild
6 >> (Scheme) .hbuild (Haskell) and .jbuild (guess;) as being of immediate
7 >> use, (although I accept I might be the only one interested in the first
8 >> ;)
9 >
10 > I do not see any improvement per se.
11 >
12 Well I agree C and C++ aren't very useful, since they are more than
13 adequately covered by make et al. With the others, there are setup tools
14 like distutils in the language already.
15
16 >> How do others feel about such an addition?
17 >
18 > I think it's pointless.
19 >
20 Fair enough. It's intended to make it easier to write install scripts.
24 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list