From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gnome-libs problem
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 19:56:14
1 On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 06:48:21PM -0700, moath@××××××.org wrote:
2 > OK, I've got a problem with gnome-libs it appears:
3 >
4 > Here's an example from control-center:
5 >
6 > checking for gnome_window_icon_set_default_from_file in -lgnomeui... no
7 > configure: error: gnome-libs 1.0.60 or higher is required.
8 >
9 > But I have gnome-libs 1.2.13 installed! Yes everything got installed
10 > correctly, yes /opt/gnome/libs is in ld.so.conf and all that goodness.
11 > Anybody know why/have any ideas?
12
13 Also, here is some more information that wasn't included... libgnomeui linking
14 failed because of a missing reference to atexit() in zlib. I thought that the
15 standard fix for this problem (triggered by an emerge of glibc) is to rebuild
16 gcc? Or did I get it backwards? Achim?
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
22 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org