From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anyone interested in maintaining the Gentoo Handbooks?
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 17:45:39
1 > On Saturday 03 of October 2009 18:17:36 David Abbott wrote:
2 > > I always use the x86 Quick install guide [1] I did an amd64 install
3 > > using it and can not recall changing anything.
4 >
5 > And i don't use any guide nor handbook any more, because i know what to do
6 > step by step. That doesn't mean handbook should be dropped out for new
7 > users.
8 >
9 > > How about each arch
10 > > maintaining their own Quick install guide and for more in depth
11 > > questions point users to irc or the forums and put the handbook in the
12 > > archives for historical reference if no one wants to keep it current.
13 >
14 > No. Wee only need to aply some patches to current handbook and everything
15 > would be ok. The point is only doc team plus i believe few devs too have
16 > write access to /doc/ section.
17 This is actually true. Maybe all devs should have access on docs since the
18 docs teams are dead. I would suggest to let all developers contribute to
19 documentation whether they belong to docs team or not
20 >
21 > > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml
22 --
23 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
24 Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]
25 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org