From: Morgan Christiansson <sft3905@××××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion for updates to dodoc
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:22:25
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 08:35:11PM +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
4 >
5 >>The dodoc command in ebuilds should handle HTML files a lot better than it
6 >>does now. Instead of naively compressing html files, they should be put
7 >>/usr/share/doc/${P}/html instead. This would be a very simple fix, if it
8 >>wasn't for the fact that we sometimes want to copy entire HTML-trees with
9 >>image files and all (such as the documentation for python or qt).
12 >I'm ok with doing this; would you be willing to improve dodoc and post your
13 >improvements here? As long as they are sane, I doubt anyone will complain
14 >and I'll roll them into the next version of Portage.
15 >
16 >Best Regards,
17 >
18 Browsers can handle .html.gz, but the links will need to be modified.
19
20 Also i noticed that mozilla 0.9.4 prompt's to save files by default, i
21 know that it can handle gzip comressed content however.