From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Glibc which officially support gcc-3
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:12:14
1 mån 2002-01-21 klockan 22.13 skrev Sebastian Werner:
2 > Hey
3 >
4 > I think the next days we could try to move gentoo to the next compiler
5 > generation. Now, while glibc officially supports the new compiler suite
6 > i think we doesn't need to flag it with the dirty
7 > --disable-santity-checks. Yeeaaah
8
9 I think it would be wise to wait with moving to gcc 3.* until after we
10 have released 1.0. After that it would be a very good time to move to
11 3.* in the unstable branch, and make sure that all packages compile with
12 it. When that job is finished we can release a new version.
13
14 Regards,
15 Mikael Hallendal
18 Mikael Hallendal
19 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
20 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden