From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing the distinction between UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED bugs
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 08:39:53
1 >>>>> On Sat, 03 Dec 2022, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > I'd like to propose replacing the current UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED
4 > bug states with a simple NEW state. Why?
5
6 > 1. Only a handful of developers actually uses these two statuses
7 > in a meaningful way.
8
9 > 2. Some users are confused and demotivated by having their bugs stay
10 > UNCONFIRMED for a long time.
11
12 Then rename UNCONFIRMED to NEW-WITH-SUGAR-ON-TOP-WE-ARE-A-HAPPY-COMMUNITY,
13 and leave CONFIRMED alone? :)
14
15 However, I suspect that the real problem isn't the status label, but
16 when there's no action on the bug (sometimes for months or years).
17
18 Ulrich