From: Tom Prado <tprado@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Web Portage
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:53:05
1 This looks very nice! I like the color highlights for ebuilds that have
2 been installed and those that are masked. Here's a few things that you
3 may want to consider:
4
5 1) This is most likely already in your plans: an emerge rsync button
6 and an emerge -u system button. Maybe even an emerge --clean button.
7
8 2) The ability to set the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS when merging. Perhaps even
9 cache these settings somehow.
10
11 3) The ability to do the stages of ebuild directly, i.e. ebuild
12 <file.ebuild> unpack, compile, install, merge.
13
14 4) The ability to merge previous versions of an ebuild.
17 That's the only suggestions I can come up with at the moment. Keep up
18 the good work!
21 Tom Prado
24 Troy Dack wrote:
25 > I posted a little while ago about making a web interface to portage.
26 >
27 > Well after a bit of hacking, a great deal of reading and even more
28 > reading (including an O'Rielly Safari subscription) I present you with
29 > the (small) fruits of my labours:
30 >
31 > http://sourceforge.net/projects/webportage
32 >
33 > or for those wanting to jump in at the deep end:
34 >
35 > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=67364&release_id=12570
36 >
37 > Try it out and let me what know you think (be nice).
38 >
39 > The package has a dependency on a 3rd party python module. An ebuild is
40 > included. For those fluent in python I'm sure you can work out what to
41 > remove to get around the issue.
42 >
43 > Oh, and if you do take the time to get it working, attempting to do an
44 > actual emerge will result in failure -- it's a work in progress.
45 >
46 > Thanks
53 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list