From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anyone intrested in maintaining Midnight Commander?
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 08:19:31
1 091003 Alex Alexander wrote:
2 > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 21:57, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3 >> The latest version is now patch free, 4.7.0_pre3,
4 >> and there's only 1 bug open. So I'm basically done with it.
5 >> If any of you actually use it, feel free to substitute me
6 >> from the metadata.xml, I just picked it up because nobody else did.
7 > /me uses it
8 > I'll take it off your hands, thanks for taking care of it for so long.
9
10 I don't use MC currently, but it has recently been taken up seriously
11 by a new team of MC devs, 4.7.0 being their 1st basic update.
12 Hopefully, they are aiming for a really new 5.0.0 ,
13 which may get a lot of people using it again,
14 so it deserves to have a dedicated maintainer among Gentoo devs.
15
16 Thanks as always to the devs for their volunteer work.
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca