From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] kernel 2.4.0.11-r3
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:25:23
Hi All,

I've committed linux-2.4.0.11-r3 and linux-sources-2.4.0.11-r3 to portage
(sys-kernel category).  This is the 2.4.0-ac11 kernel with various patches
added, including lm_sensors, the latest (2 days old) LVM fixes and tools, and
the latest reiserfs support.

There are a couple notable things about this kernel.  First, it's really fast
(thanks to the sheer quantity of improvements in ac11).  Secondly, this is the
most recent version of the kernel we have.  There are some 2.4.1 kernels on
Portage, but these are Linus kernels and are older than 2.4.0.11-r3.  So be
careful :)

An excellent way to start using the new kernel is to merge the linux-sources
ebuild -- then you can simply "cd /usr/src/linux" and configure, compile and
install the new kernel and modules and give it a try.

Best Regards,

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@g.o>
President/CEO					http://www.gentoo.org