From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SearchSecurity.com: "Linux patch problems: Your distro may vary"
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:10:27
1 Wolfram Schlich wrote:
2 > Any comments or thoughts about this?
3 > Does the security team currently face serious problems that need to be
4 > solved, be it inside or outside the security team?
5
6 As far as I know large chunks of time get lost when waiting for maintainers and
7 arch teams to do their work. I don't see how the security team could do much
8 about this; except maybe giving them a yearly budget to travel around the world
9 and slap people who seem to ignore security bugs.
12 Kind Regards,
13
14 Simon Stelling
15 Gentoo/AMD64 Developer