From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: federico ferri <xaero@××××××.it>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2.6.22 stable plans
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:55:17
1 On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 20:09 +0200, federico ferri wrote:
2 > William L. Thomson Jr. ha scritto:
3 > >> This is for the very short
4 > >> term. I don't want to maintain a driver for hardware I don't own and
5 > >> never intend on purchasing.
6 > >>
7 > >
8 > > Well seems most AMD machines are likely to ship with ATI chipsets these
9 > > days. For sure most lappies :)
10 > >
11 > > Interesting side note. Beryl/Xgl works on my laptop, ATI Xpress200m.
12 > cool... would you like to write a pair of lines describing the process,
13 > software (ebuilds) versions used, tips and quirks?
14
15 Yeah I might see about documenting it at some point, but I basically
16 just followed the wiki. Although it's still a little quirky wrt to
17 starting beryl-xgl, and beryl-manager during log in. But that kinda
18 gives me a choice when I log in to start metacity or beryl :)
19
20 > cause I tried many
21 > time but always failes someway, so that I started to think ati-drivers
22 > for X200M are bork :S
23
24 Nah, it's all about your config. If that sucker is not dialed in it will
25 blow. It took me forever to get mine to where it's at. Still some stuff
26 left like dialing in dual monitors and etc. Here is my current
27 xorg.conf. It's still kinda a mess, but should help out.
28
29 http://dev.gentoo.org/~wltjr/misc/xpress200m_xorg.conf
32 William L. Thomson Jr.
33 Gentoo/Java