From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dummy-sources
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:18:36
1 On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:20:24 -0700
2 Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o> wrote:
5 > I do object. I'd rather that the kernel people dealt with this (since
6 > the matter falls into the kernel herd). Jay & the kernel folks?
7
8 The problem concerns all virtual packages, so I don't see why it should
9 be solved only for kernel-sources. What about a "vir-dummy" package
10 category, with one dummy package for each virtual package? It's really
11 three lines of bash code to create it.
12
13 And what about adding to emerge the possibility to inject virtual
14 packages? I really see this solution as the cleanest one, and most
15 coherent with what as been done for real package. I mean, "inject" is "a
16 way to satisfy a dependency with one single command, without eemerging
17 anything". Imho, it makes sense to be able to do it for virtuals.
20 TGL.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list