From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:00:09
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On 3/3/07, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Why is it a developer-only privilege? You just made that up.
4 >
5 > To co-lead a Gentoo project? You need to be a dev to do that. I
6 > couldn't join any projects even as a member until I became a dev, and
7 > I created the distro. You are effectively co-leading (likely leading)
8 > PMS as a non-dev - worse than that, as someone who has been explicitly
9 > removed from a dev role.
12 And you know this because? Stick to the facts. Ciaran is not leading the
13 project as the current project lead has already expressed someone in
14 this thread. I have committed patches to PMS so I have some experience
15 in the matter.
16
17 Regards,
18 Petteri