From: Andreas Vinsander <andreas@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default Ebuild behaviour
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:02:07
1 Alin Nastac wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, the only reason squid installs a cron/logrotate file is because of
4 > the sentence <quote>your package ... is supposed to "just work" for the
5 > end-user</quote>, which at that moment I understood it as a requirement.
6 > Without it, a fresh squid install needs to be tweaked by the user
7 > (unless you don't mind to have an ever increasing /var/log/squid/* log
8 > files).
11 Just a comment:
12 Uhm, I think squid does its own logrotation, if the USE logrotate isn't
13 enabled for squid when building it.
14
15 /Andreas
16 --