From: Marc Schiffbauer <mschiff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reproducible builds
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 18:20:40
1 * Matt Turner schrieb am 04.02.18 um 19:04 Uhr:
2 > On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 7:25 AM, Samuel Bernardo
3 > <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > I send this email to know the opinion of gentoo developers about
7 > > registering gentoo profiles in the context of reproducible-builds.org
8 >
9 > Reproducible builds makes sense when you're distributing binaries to
10 > users.
11
12 +1 .. and I just wanted to add that this might be something very
13 valuable if you want some sort of public binhost like it is the case in
14 another current thread on this list.
15
16 I would think of a giantic cache. If someone else already has built a
17 reproducable bin-package of an ebuild with the exact same
18 profile/USE/binutils/gcc/... combination that I am using too, then this
19 would be something very useful IMO which saves a lot of buildtime and
20 energy.
21
22 -Marc
26 0xCA3E7BF67F979BE5 - F7FB 78F7 7CC3 79F6 DF07
27 6E9E CA3E 7BF6 7F97 9BE5