From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: new global USE flag "srcdist"
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 12:45:22
1 On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 06:50:06 -0600
2 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I've always believed that when it comes down to it all Gentoo basically does
5 > is provide a link to some source code and a script to build and install it.
6 > Unless we violate someone's license by redistributing that source then we
7 > really don't have to worry about it, and as you said we already have
8 > mechanisms to deal with that. What the user does with that source is their
9 > business, and they are solely responsible for following the terms of the
10 > license(s). IIRC this is the stance we took back in 2006 with the cdrtools
11 > debacle [1].
12
13 [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/199061/
18 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
19 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
20
21 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463