From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] XFCE package names
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:10:05
1 > XFCE 4 has been out for nrly 6 mth & is proving very satisfactory.
2 > XFCE 3 is no longer being developed or AFAIK supported.
3 > however on Gentoo, 'emerge xfce' still gives you XFCE 3.18.3 ,
4 > while you have to say 'emerge xfce4' to get XFCE 4.0.1 (4.0.3 is latest).
5 >
6 > can those responsible please revise the package names (surely no effort) ?
7 > 'xfce' sb XFCE 4.0.n , while 'xfce3' shd get the obsolete XFCE 3.18.3 .
10 Let me also add that it is policy to not use version numbers in the
11 package names at all. We have slots for them, so no xfce3, just xfce with
12 a 3 version and a 4 version
13
14 Paul
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list