From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is Gentoo dying?
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:12:21
1 Am Samstag, den 03.04.2010, 11:26 +0200 schrieb "Paweł Hajdan, Jr.":
2 > > For example:
3 > > - hardened-sources are nowadays only available in an experimental
4 > > overlay, lots of users keep asking what's happening to the
5 > > hardened-sources on both the -dev but also the -hardened mailinglist.
6 >
7 > I recently sent an e-mail to gentoo-dev,
8 > <http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_2eb703ee97afc64a29e5d148457ac8d5.xml>
9
10 Yeah, seen that.
11
12 > It seems that some work is being done, but there are people who
13 > volunteered to help, like me. What needs to be done with hardened-sources?
14 >
15 > Just a note: I'm using it on my servers, so I'm really interested in
16 > them being maintained, and I'm also able to test.
17
18 See - what we've been doing with people like you who are willing to
19 contribute was something like "Hey, nice to see you. Get in touch with
20 the correct people, please" - and i'm pretty sure there are many options
21 on how to improve our handling of people like you, who are willing to
22 contribute some amount of time to the Gentoo Project.
23
24 - Tobias
27 Praxisbuch Nagios
28 http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/pbnagiosger/