From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No XFree86 w/ new license
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:23:05
1 begin quote
2 On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:17:43 -0500
3 Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > We won't be adding versions of XFree86 with the 1.1 license [1] to the
6 > tree, so don't be surprised when 4.3.99.903 doesn't show up with the
7 > new license.
8 >
9 > I won't elaborate on the reasons because it's been discussed quite
10 > thoroughly in other forums [2-8].
11 >
12 > We are seeking solutions/alternatives for this issue, so you can sit
13 > back, relax and let us do the dirty work.
17 Good decision, Donnie. In unrelated news, how does things go for the
18 freedesktop xserver project (xlibs, xserver)? (status! Status!) ;)
19
20 //Spider
23 begin .signature
24 Tortured users / Laughing in pain