From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rejecting unsigned commits
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:53:37
1 > > Do you want to reject signed commits if
2 > > - keys are not publicly available [1]
3 >
4 > We'll need to define what does 'public availability' exactly mean? Does
5 > that mean a specific keyserver?
6
7 Good point. Although most keyservers synchronize each other, it might make sense to define an additional location such as e.g. a keyring for download on www.gentoo.org.
8
9 > > - keys are revoked [3]
10 >
11 > How about manifests signed before the key was revoked?
12
13 And about keys being revoked by a revocation certificate that was generated long time ago "just in case" (as even our docs recommend)... Yes I know this is a mess.
17 Andreas K. Huettel
18 Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex
19 dilfridge@g.o
20 http://www.akhuettel.de/