From: Andrey Grozin <grozin@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] musl, sbcl, and ros
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 09:57:12
1 On Fri, 2 Dec 2022, Tom Gillespie wrote:
2 > For the record I've had sbcl building and running on musl for months
3 > without issue (at one point I even had static linking working). You
4 > have to cross compile a musl version and then side load the binary
5 > instead of using one of the distributed binaries. See
6 > https://github.com/tgbugs/dockerfiles/blob/master/source.org#sbcl-bootstrap
7 > for reference. See also
8 > https://hub.docker.com/r/tgbugs/musl/tags?page=1&name=sbcl.
9 Yes. Either cross-compiling, or (with some luck) using some other lisp for
10 bootstrap.
11
12 > Thus I'd very much appreciate if it sbcl were not masked on those profiles.
13 The sbcl ebuild from the Gentoo tree is useless on musl. And hence it
14 should be masked. Otherwise somebody would think that [s]he can simply
15 emerge sbcl on a musl profile, and will be disappointed.
16
17 Andrey