From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Official overlay support
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:53:36
1 On 3/24/06, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > Again, try to keep this technical discussion technical and leave your
3 > personal biases out of it.
4
5 It's not meant as a personal critisism of Ciaran. Ciaran's being very
6 helpful in this thread. It just happens that it was his post that
7 created the opportunity for me to make that comment.
8
9 I stand by the critera I stated. They're exactly what you are doing,
10 and exactly what Ciaran is doing - failure avoidance.
11
12 I am *not* going to keep this just on a technical level. (I will,
13 however, keep this discussion professional). The overlays are a
14 social tool just as much as a technical one. The social aspect keeps
15 getting ignored in this thread, or dismissed as unimportant. That
16 frustrates me, I don't mind admitting.
17
18 Best regards,
19 Stu
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list