From: Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE_EXPAND NGINX_MODULES_STREAM
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 08:18:50
1 On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 07:37:10 +0100
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > And now I can't figure out what I need to enable to have "rewrite"
5 > work. Good job!
6 >
7 > The names match the internal module names, which is what I care about.
8 > Figuring out if I need USE="zlib" or USE="compress" or even a combo
9 > is a lot more effort and frustrating than having to enable the
10 > useflag that has the name of the module.
11 >
12 > It might not be 'pure' or very aesthetical, but we try to get stuff
13 > done here.
17 I agree concering rewrite, USE=rewrite would be better suited for that.
18 But zlib is a very obvious choice of USE flag, and most of the other
19 flags I listed had (nearly) verbatim the same names as upstream's
20 modules anyway (perl, geoip, auth_pam -> pam, auth_ldap -> ldap).
21
22 I think the fact that we can use global USE's this way matters very
23 much. If enable geoip or ldap in my make.conf, I expect packages with
24 optional geoip/ldap support to enable this support.
25
26 Also, if you wish to document this mapping in more detail, that's
27 exactly what we have the <use> tags in metadata.xml for. You can even
28 write whole sentences in there! :)
29
30 Regards,
31 Luis Ressel