From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /usr/portage --> /var/portage
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:22:19
1 On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:16:24AM +0100, in <52806.134.188.150.80.1074503784.squirrel@×××××××××××××××.nl>, Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
2 > I would like to add that actually not all of the data in /usr/portage is
3 > dispensible. If the profile directory is removed, emerge will not work (we
4 > might be able to fix this). Further in the /var/cache/edb dir there are
5 > files that are not caches in that sense of the word. They are also not
6 > replaceable. So I think if we want to have this discussion we need to look
7 > at all files that are involved in portage.
8 I have some creepy ideas about how to improve profiles into meta-ebuilds
9 ala Gnome & KDE. I am currently cramming Python so I can be a bit less
10 of an armchair-developer. Which mailing list is used for Portage-ng
11 discussion?
14 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
15 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
16 --Ghost in the Shell