From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages up for grabs
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 20:55:51
1 On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 16:47:09 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
5 > > Michał Górny wrote:
6 > >> Or file a pull request @ https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pulls.
7 > >> That's the most convenient solution for most of proxy-maint team members.
8 > >
9 > > How can I help improve that problematic situation?
10 > >
11 > > It's not cool to gravitate the project towards GitHub Inc.
12 >
13 > I'm sure everybody would love to have a non-github alternative. The
14 > problem is that they all tend to be Java-based and infra doesn't want
15 > to go near them (that isn't intended to imply anything other than the
16 > state of things).
17 >
18 > So, it sounds like we either need a non-Java-based alternative, or a
19 > way to host Java applications.
20
21 No. The problem is that alternatives suggested so far have been crap,
22 and people focused on preaching and/or implementing random crap-based
23 solutions without even stopping for a few minutes to consider what we
24 exactly need.
25
26 GitHub works for us. GitHub works for our contributors. GitHub boosts
27 our productivity, unlike those vain discussions. We don't have time for
28 all this tin foil hat nonsense.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny
33 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>