From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: about a new app
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:55:31
1 On 08/12/2009 06:49 PM, hiperon wrote:
2 > Hi you all,
3 >
4 > I am sorry for posting this question but I saw no other way (got really
5 > confused). I am developping an application (a text editor) and I would
6 > like to see it into Gentoo distro, but I can't really understand the way
7 > that thing goes. I read the documentation about how to make an ebuild
8 > file, but could not figured out how to submit it. Could you point me
9 > some directions, please, even if it is another maillist.
10
11 Well, the Gentoo documentation itself has a chapter on how to contribute
12 ebuilds:
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml
15
16 Also, there's the "gentoo-devhelp" mailing list devoted to these kinds
17 of questions:
18
19 http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml
20
21 All Gentoo lists are also available for reading/posting through GManes
22 NNTP server:
23
24 nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devhelp
25
26 Hope that helps.