From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-servers/axis -> commercial dependencies
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:24:03
1 * Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 > Enrico Weigelt wrote:
4 > > Hi folks,
5 > >
6 > > I've noticed, axis has some commercial/non-free dependencies, ie.
7 > > sun-javamail-bin and sun-jaf. Are there free replacements for them ?
10 > Yes, sun-javamail and sun-jaf are free (CDDL-licensed) replacements.
11 > They were recently stabilized and should soon replace the -bin packages
12 > in dependencies.
13
14 Great :)
15 It was really, really ugly getting tomcat emerge'd w/ all this
16 commercial crap :(
17
18 I had some talks w/ tomcat folks - they were some bit confused
19 about the huge dependencies @gentoo and suggested using some
20 of their (monolithic) packages instead.
21
22 Could anyone explain where all these dependencies come from ?
23 Are there perhaps some build conditionals which are not yet
24 reflected in useflags ?
27 thx
28 --
30 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
32 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
33 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
34 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
35 http://patches.metux.de/
37 --
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list