From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 07:22:51
1 On Fri, 2016-12-02 at 14:10 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hi, everyone.
3 >
4 > I've heard multiple times about various tinderbox projects being
5 > started by individuals in Gentoo. In fact, so many different projects
6 > that I've forgotten who was working on most of them.
7 >
8 > I know that Toralf is doing tinderboxing for most of the stuff.
9 > What other projects do we have there? What is their status?
10
11 For ruby we have https://github.com/gentoo/ruby-tinderbox which uses
12 Docker to run tests not just for the current USE_RUBY targets of the
13 package but also the next target, so that it can generate a list of
14 packages that are ready to get their next target. I expect this could
15 be useful for Python as well.
16
17 Current status is that it works but it is a bit fiddly to get going,
18 and currently we don't run this.
19
20 Hans