From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] death to mailer-config/mailwrapper
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 01:39:47
1 A bit over two years ago, some developers set out to get debian's
2 concept of mailerwrapper ('alternatives' for mail). Ever since then,
3 there have been a number of package.masks for various MTAs, and
4 the need to carry them forward.
5
6 mailer-config/mailwrapper have not been touched for 2/1 years
7 respectively. If it's going to remain masked, can we just get rid of it
8 entirely?
9
10 It was a good idea, but it just never took off, I think mainly because
11 it required too many changes to MTAs, and also did not provide for one
12 of the original goals - running two disparate MTAs on the same box.
15 Robin Hugh Johnson
16 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
17 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
18 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85