From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Guilherme Amadio <amadio@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Augmenting the CPU_FLAGS_X86 list and creating CPU_FLAGS_PPC + CPU_FLAGS_ARM
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 13:28:58
1 On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 10:04:46 -0300
2 Guilherme Amadio <amadio@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 11:08:47PM +0200, David Seifert wrote:
5 > > Dear friends,
6 > > while version bumping sci-libs/fftw, I've noticed our CPU_FLAGS_X86
7 > > list could be expanded a bit:
8 >
9 > I like the idea of expanding the list of CPU_FLAGS_X86, and having flags
10 > for other arches too, but I would be in favor of dropping the _X86
11 > suffix and using CPU_FLAGS for all arches. Your machine most likely will
12 > only have one kind anyway. Not sure what others think about it, though.
13
14 One kind is the reason why they are split -- so we can hide
15 CPU_FLAGS_X86 on non-x86 CPUs etc.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny
20 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>