From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Dev-only Wiki for eclasses/portage
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:03:57
1 On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 07:45:32PM -0400, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > I think a dev-only wiki would be extremely useful. For consolidation
3 > purposes, people on the documentation team or devs with spare time could
4 > guidexmlify the most important pieces of documentation produced.
5
6 Knowing the little time spent on GuideXML'ifying documentation I can only
7 second the request. Many documentation devs have too little experience with
8 ebuild/eclasses so it's difficult to write good documentation about that
9 subject.
10
11 A dev wiki could resolve that problem. I do hope that we are able to see the
12 "differences" between wiki versions (like "cvs diff" does) because it would
13 otherwise be a PITA to maintain the GuideXML'ified documentation.
14
15 Wkr,
16 Sven Vermeulen
19 Bent Hindrup Andersen, Danish MEP, about the Software Patent Directive:
20 The approach of the Commission and Council in this directive is shocking.
21 They are making full use of all the possibilities of evading democracy that
22 the current Community Law provides. <http://lwn.net/Articles/84009/>