From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] arch teams and better tools
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 16:45:18
1 Recently there was a discussion about better tools for arch teams, to
2 speed up stabilizations and make them less error-prone.
3
4 Here's my answer to that, still in very early development:
5 <http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/arch-tools.git;a=summary>
6
7 You can just launch it like this:
8
9 ./bugzilla-viewer.py --arch x86
10
11 It has more options, and can even try to do the stabilization in cvs
12 tree and capture repoman output (it has to be enabled from the
13 command-line, see --help).
14
15 I think the key thing for arch teams is batching. Compilation takes
16 time, viewing web pages has latency, so we should maximize the work that
17 a developer can do within his limited time. To do that, we should
18 prepare as much information as possible up-front (this is the goal of
19 bugzilla-viewer.py).
20
21 Then the developer can quickly process the list of bugs, and decide what
22 he's going to test. And then we can have tools for batch-testing,
23 batch-committing, and so on. Some of them already exist.
24
25 Patches welcome, and please let me know what you think!