From: pclouds <pclouds@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 5 status?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 01:39:30
1 On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 01:54:30AM +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On 06/29/04 Eric Olinger wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hey All,
5 > > I'm just wondering whats the status on GLEP 5 [1]. If its still
6 > > going to be implemented, what is needed and what can be done to push
7 > > it forward. Do we need reference implementations or code changes to
8 > > portage.
9 >
10 > Well, this would require some substantial changes in portage (atm
11 > portage doesn't use metadata.xml for anything) as well as changes to the
12 > whole tree, so I don't think this will be accepted anytime soon.
13
14 I'm trying to modify portage.py using Metadata_XML.py. It needs some small
15 changes in portdbapi.aux_get(). Others that need to be modified are
16 repoman and gentoolkit IMO. gentoolkit will be harder to modify. Is there
17 anything else to be modified?
18 Setting license, description, homepage in ebuild should take
19 precedence over metadata.xml so we don't need to change the whole tree
20 immediately.
23 Bi Cờ Lao