From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] grub problem
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 12:28:40
1 On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 07:07:32PM -0000, Abhishek Kumar wrote:
2 > The second one:
3 > grub> root (hd0,1)
4 > grub> chainloader +1
5 > grub> boot
6
7 > does not work as nt cant find the ntloader. I think it was completely may
8 > fault though. I did not have the grub installation instructions then. Thank
9 > for your help. I did not mean to imply that the instructions were at fault.
10 > Keep up the good work. Abhishek.
11
12 OK, I just didn't know how much diagnosis you did already. I know that under
13 DOS, you can type "fdisk /mbr" to zap the master boot record and replace it
14 with the standard DOS/95/98/ME one, but I don't know how you'd zap the boot
15 record on the partition rather than the MBR.
16
17 Check out the http://www.myshed.net/ site, they have 95/98/ME/NT/2000 boot disks
18 over there so you can at least boot into your Windows partitions for the time
19 being. Also, somewhere (haven't found it yet) on the Microsoft Knowledge Base,
20 there *is* detailed information on the NT boot loader and how to reinstall it
21 on to a partition or disk.
22
23 Best Regards,
26 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>