From: fede2@fuerzag.ulatina.ac.cr (Alvaro Figueroa Cabezas)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The release of 1.4 and its impact on our mirrors
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:41:59
1 On Jul 23 15:48, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2
3 > I'm sure you guys will have more.
4
5 Using jigdo instead of distributing the ISOs.
6
7 This can have lots of benefits in other areas (e.g. Its far easyer to
8 distribute an ISO that only has (e.g) X and GNOME, and no X. Will save
9 bandwith. Can be made to distribute the downloads between several
10 mirrors, etc), but I know that if this idea is considered, this thread
11 will be quite long.
12
13 I to encourage people to go and _make_ an ISO[0] before saying this is a
14 bad idea. 10 minutes of experience will give a nice perspective on the
15 matter.
16
17 [0] You can make your own ISO, or you can... I don't know.. fetch a
18 Debian ISO or something
21 Alvaro Figueroa
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list