From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Facilitating user contributed ebuilds (Was: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 07:55:15
1 On 13/06/16 08:50, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 >
3 > > I still think you're underestimating the need for centralization.
4 > > What you call a "core/base" package is probably going to end up
5 > > being anything listed in a dependency. That is a LOT of packages,
6 > > actually - we're not just talking about libc and zlib.
7 > It's not a lot compared to how many we have today.
8
9 I really think someone needs to do a bit of portageq and see what the
10 Tree *actually* contains ....
11
12 Likewise .. a trek through bugzilla would also be enlightening for those
13 not familiar ...
14
15 Once you've seen those two .. perhaps you'd be a little more qualified
16 to make generalised statements about the state of Gentoo.
17
18 Just sayin' ...