From: Farid BENAMROUCHE <fariouche@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re : Cannot see my eclass modifications
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 21:39:41
1 ok, thank you.I will try the chroot stuff as soon as I have some time.
2
3 As for what I'm trying to do: making portage able to add user/groups when using --root option.
4 This is a known limitation since a long time. I'm currently also discussing this point with the "shadow" upstream team (I have some patches for useradd and groupadd)
5
6 So for now I'm trying to make portage to just echo some traces when calling enewgroup for example, when I emerge sys-power/nut as a test package (that package is creating a nut user and group)
7 I tried to put some einfo at the begining of the enewgroup function, but I do not see them. I also tryed echo "test" > /tmp/test.txt, and I do no see the file too...
8
9 And I see the traces from the nut ebuild (package_setup if I remember properly). And if I remove the nut group from my /etc/group, I do see the enewgroup original traces, but not mine.
10 It's as if portage is using a different enewgroup function, or a cached one...
11
12 I tried the irc last time, but nobody was there (most likely because of the time. I will try tomorrow late afternoon)
13