From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions & XMMS Problem
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 22:13:02
1 Try to check/change your output plug-in. If you have OSS selected, this is
2 what xmms will be looking for. If you want to use alsa you need to
3 emerge/enable xmms-alsa.
4 Also check permissions in /dev/sound if you have all modules loaded properly.
5 Generally I find that xmms tends to behave somewhat strange if you have
6 things slightly misconfigured. I am using alsa and I installed xmms-alsa
7 plugin. In order to use xmms I need to load all appropriate alsa modules
8 before I launch xmms, otherwise it segafaults and says, that I triggered the
9 bug.
10 Please see below for more.
11