From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Marking packages ~amd64 (or amd64) and no-multilib
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 19:32:15
1 First off, I'd like to apologize for cross-posting this, but I've been
2 pestered by this enough recently to want to try to reach as much of the
3 developer pool as possible.
4
5 If you add any amd64 KEYWORDS to *any* packages in the tree, make sure
6 you've updated your profiles directory before doing your repoman scan.
7 The profiles.desc file now lists default-linux/amd64/2006.0/no-multilib
8 as a valid profile. This means if you're committing something that
9 requires 32-bit libraries, you *MUST* mask the package in
10 default-linux/amd64/2006.0/no-multilib/package.mask *before* doing your
11 commit. This is like the 10th time in the past few weeks that I've been
12 contacted directly to fix broken masks in other people's packages.
13
14 It's pretty simple. If it uses ABI=x86 or any emul-linux-x86-*
15 packages, then it needs to be masked.
16
17 Over and out.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead