From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Graveyard overlay (was: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: games-strategy/x2, games-strategy/x2-demo)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 05:09:20
1 On 14 February 2013 08:08, Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Am 14.02.2013 00:07, schrieb Brian Dolbec:
3 >>
4 >> Easy, just copy the ebuild and any patches in the files subdir to a
5 >> local overlay.
8 > Which brings us back to the old discussion on what good it does for one
9 > person to do the work of masking and removing and N persons to do the
10 > work of creating an overlay instead of just letting the package rot in
11 > the tree until it is actually broken. But I guess everyone's pretty
12 > tired of that discussion so let's leave it at that.
15 Okay, let's do this. Since the users don't seem to be able to organize
16 themselves, I have taken the initiative to set this up. Currently
17 there is the graveyard overlay on github, and I will be opening the
18 required bug reports to get this mirrored on git.overlays.gentoo.org
19 and included in layman's overlay list.
20
21 I need two things:
22
23 1. Users volunteering some time to keep this running
24 2. Agreement on a place to host tarballs no longer hosted upstream
25
26 People who are interested can contact me in the #gentoo-dev-help
27 channel on Freenode.
28 --
29 Cheers,
30
31 Ben | yngwin
32 Gentoo developer
33 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin