From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Vanilla sources stabilization policy change
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:49:29
1 Alex Xu wrote:
2 > > Maybe it would make sense to automatically stabilize every v-s kernel
3 > > right away?
4 >
5 > As has been stated, this implies that Gentoo QA has tested the packages
6 > and found them to be reasonably safe for use.
7 ..
8 > Although stable kernels *have* been tested by many people before use,
9 > Gentoo QA has *not* (officially) tested them, at least not on every
10 > architecture.
11
12 I don't think that matters.
15 > On a technical level, it's not that hard to put
16 > "sys-kernel/vanilla-sources" in your package.accept_keywords.
17
18 But why should Gentoo users have to do that in order to use v-s?
19
20 If it is intentional to push g-s onto users then it makes good sense -
21 but if I were the sys-kernel team I wouldn't bother with g-s at all
22 and just make v-s as easily available to users as possible..
25 //Peter