From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why arch-specific make.conf files?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:05:06
1 On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 20:19 +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > From my POV those vars should be set in the profiles instead, and a
3 > quick scan shows that indeed most (maybe all? didn't count them)
4 > profiles set them already, so there isn't really a point in having them
5 > in make.conf too, except to make it easy for users to change them. For
6 > CHOST this seems to be a bad idea, not sure about CFLAGS.
7
8 Oh yeah, if you happen to change any of this stuff, please be sure to
9 inform the catalyst team, along with Release Engineering. We don't want
10 something like this surprising us when we're in the middle of release
11 building.
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
16 x86 Architecture Team