From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: python-wrapper breaks init scripts
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 20:40:59
1 On 05-10-2009 16:32:58 -0400, Jonathan Callen wrote:
2 > Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
3 > > The problem here IMO is that this wrapper executes python2.6 with argv0 set
4 > > to python2.6, while it should be the argv0 from how the wrapper was executed.
5 > > At least this is what init.d scripts expect (seen with ntlmaps too).
6 >
7 > Unfortunately, if argv[0] is *not* set to python2.6, it appears that
8 > some python programs crash, thereby making this a lose-lose proposition.
9
10 I think we need to see if we can identify those packages and what is the
11 real problem then. Python does some awful processing during startup to
12 determine its own prefix, pythonpath etc. We might be able to just
13 patch our python to behave.
17 Fabian Groffen
18 Gentoo on a different level