From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: styx@×××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild indentation (tabs vs. spaces) fascism ;^)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:32:09
1 On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:00:39 +0000
2 Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@×××××.org> wrote:
5 > Spider wrote:
6 > > now, Does anyone know how to make gpm transfer tabs/spaces ok
7 > > instead of converting all my tabs to spaces? or failing gpm
8 > > working, getting vim to notice gpm broken paste and convert
9 > > and align nicely?
10 >
11 > I don't know how that would be done, and I agree with mr.
12 > McArthur that it is unlikely to happen. However, you could
13 > always use an sed ugly hack once in a while to convert tabs to
14 > spaces.
15 >
16 > sed s/"\t"/\ \ \ \ /g source-tabs.c > source-spaces.c
17 >
18 > It works here, but I realise it's _far_ from a solution (and
19 > ugly as hell). Just replace the number of escaped spaces to
20 > suit your needs.
21
22 Uh, you could always just use 'unexpand' (spaces->tabs) or
23 'expand' (tabs->spaces).
27 Jon Nelson
28 C and Python Programmer, Code Gardener
29 Just because it's not broken doesn't mean we can't take it apart.