From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Notify people about empty herds (Was: Re: [gentoo-dev] FTR: media-optical@g.o has no developers)
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:03:46
1 El jue, 03-06-2010 a las 13:36 +0300, Samuli Suominen escribió:
2 > For the record, media-optical herd is currently without any devs and
3 > also the mail alias in d.g.o is empty so nobody is really reading the
4 > bugmail.
5 >
6 > In case you want to join it...
7 >
8 > - Samuli
9
10 Would be possible to modify script that generates
11 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/metastructure/herds/herds.xml to list
12 empty herds on a different section at the top of the webpage for
13 detecting herds without people easier?
14
15 Even better would be to also provide information about "devway"
16 developers, indicating something like, for example:
17 41. gnome
18 - Description
19 GNOME Desktop and related packages
20 - Herd maintainers' email address
21 gnome@g.o
22 - Maintainers
23 ...
24 pacho@g.o (Pacho Ramos) (Devway)
25
26 But I am not sure if it would be possible :-/
27
28 Also, maybe we should consider change the assignment for bugs assigned
29 to empty herds, assigning them to maintainers-needed and CCing affected
30 herd, that way, once somebody revives the herd, he could simply revert
31 the assign to the old way and, until then, people reviewing
32 maintainers-needed bugs would also notice that bug reports.
33
34 Thanks a lot