From: Mirco Antonio Coralles <noche.suapie@××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gtkmm- 2.2.11
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:06:57
I've got the following problem:

Yesterday I emerged gtkmm.... after that I tried to compile the most
simple exampleprog. from
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/ch03.html#id2431489.
This program starts with #include <gtkmm.h> which directly leads to my
problem, because the compiler complains that he can't find that file.

So I tried

sputnik / # find -depth -name gtkmm.h
./usr/include/gtkmm-2.0/gtkmm.h

and then passed the option -I  /usr/include/gtkmm-2.0/gtkmm.h to g++.
That actually made a difference. The output of g++ is now serveral pages
long and starts with

 glibmmconfig.h: No such file or directory
 glib-object.h: No such file or directory
glib/gmem.h: No such file or directory
 glib/gunicode.h: No such file or directory
glib/gmacros.h: No such file or directory
 glib/gstrfuncs.h: No such file or directory

Again I searched for the listed header files, which I all got and
finally I tried

 g++ -I /usr/include/gtkmm-2.0/ -I /usr/include/glib-2.0/ -I
/usr/lib/gtkmm-2.0/include/ -I /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/ gtkmm-ue1.C -o
gtkmm-ue1

The output from g++ is now to long to fit into the the buffer of my
terminal-window, and for some reason g++ ....  > file doesn't work. I
guess that g++ still misses some headers .....

Finaly my question:

Is it possible that the e-build I emerged is not correctly configured ?
Does anybody know how I could fix these problems - or should I try to
get gtkmm direktly from http://www.gtkmm.org/  ?

Thanks,
                Matthias