From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 15:02:20
1 On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:58 AM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:02 PM, <grozin@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Maybe, a good solution is to introduce a special arch, "noarch", for such
4 >> packages (similar to what's done in the rpm world). Then, if a package is
5 >> ~noarch, it is automatically considered ~arch for all arches. Similar for
6 >> stable. The maintainer should be able to keyword ~noarch and to stabilize
7 >> noarch. Comments?
8 >>
9 > There's been opposition to this in the past, but I'm in favor of
10 > giving this a shot.
13 I too think it is at least worth a try. We can learn from this either
14 way. Maybe start out leaving it up to maintainer discretion, and if
15 that becomes an issue we can try to formulate guidelines.
16
17 Rich