From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: How to speed up maintenance and other Gentoo work?
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 03:08:19
1 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> posted
2 20090306194452.6b5bf4e5@×××××××××××××××××.ca, excerpted below, on Fri, 06
3 Mar 2009 19:44:52 -0600:
4
5 > You can give [metagen] a herd, maintainer name/email, maintainer
6 > description, package description, etc., and it will hock out a xml
7 > loogie for you.
8
9 LOL. Never seen it described quite /that/ way before, but it's...
10 interesting! =:^)
11
12 > I've been meaning to update it [...] as a learn-python project,
13 > but like all my learn-* projects it's never gotten anywhere.
14
15 You to, eh? (For me, the dev-manual, etc, and perhaps ultimately,
16 Gentoo-dev, is on that list, too.) Well, one thing's for sure, a long
17 list /does/ tend to be a decently effective boredom repellent...
18
19 What's frustrating is that as one gets older (42 here), it's no longer
20 possible to work all day and study/play all nite for 36 hours at a
21 stretch, and be effective at both, as it used to be. But the internal
22 scheduler doesn't seem to understand that so keeps adding stuff to that
23 todo list as if it were!
24
25 So all you youngun's out there, pick it up while you can! Oh, and
26 [waving cane] GET OFF MY LAWN!!
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman