From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] IMPORTANT: bugs performance issues
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 00:53:26
1 All-
2
3 Just thought I'd update you on some of issue's we've been having with
4 bugzilla.g.o lately. Yes, its been slow in the last few months, but
5 today has been even slower than normal. The primary reason being another
6 large OSS project's database was added to the same server which appeared
7 to cause a larger load than the OSL had expected. I have notified the
8 OSL about the issue and they are working on bringing up another server
9 to handle the load. I don't expect this to be done till tomorrow or the
10 day after that so please be patient.
11
12 On the plus side, thanks to the generosity of one of our great sponsors,
13 GNI [1], we should be getting a cluster of blade servers in the next
14 week or so to help with the on going bugzilla issues. I hope to finally
15 get this resolved soon as its annoying me as well.
16
17 Please thank GNI for helping us out! They really deserve a lot for
18 helping us :).
19
20 Thanks-
21
22 [1] http://www.gni.com/
25 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
26 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
27
28 ---
29 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
30 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
31
32 ramereth/irc.freenode.net