From: Mikael Hallendal <micke@×××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] hardcoded PATHS in .ebuild
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 06:26:07
mån 2001-09-24 klockan 14.20 skrev Martin Schlemmer:
> Hi > > In hacking a few .ebuild, i noticed that most .ebuilds have paths to > where Gnome, Mozilla, etc is hardcoded ?!? > > Now I know that it is not everyday that they change, but since the base > location for many packages will be changed now, cant it be done > correctly this time ? In other words rather use defined variables that > should be defined when the base package is installed (like KDEDIR, > MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME, etc) since the base package should already have been > merged when you get to subpackages ....
Hi! I've brought up this issue before. The main reason for this is to be able to say, I want all GNOME-stuff in /usr/local/gnome instead of /opt/gnome (for example). However if we decide to move everything to /usr this won't be an issue anymore. BTW. Testing your Mozilla ebuild right now. Regards, Mikael
> Some suggestions/reasons would be appreciated. > > greetings > MS > > > > > _______________________________________________ > gentoo-dev mailing list > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org >
-- Mikael Hallendal micke@×××××××××××.se CodeFactory AB Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05 Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] hardcoded PATHS in .ebuild Martin Schlemmer <azarah@×××××××××.net>